Posts Tagged by Chex Mix
|December 18, 2016||Filled under Holiday||
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chex®. The opinions and text are all mine.
We have a variety of get-togethers at my office that begin in November! There’s a breakfast, a department lunch, a girls group that meets for coffee, appetizers after work with the suite I’m in, and even snacks for all the Hospitality Committee meetings to plan all the events. The folks I work with love to meet, and they love to eat!
With all of the holiday activities coming up, it’s great to have a simple go-to treat to share. Chex Party Mix has always been one of my favorites and a frequently requested treat. During December, it’s fun to offer up something that’s familiar and traditional, but with an awesome twist. This year, I’m bringing Sugar Cookie Chex Mix too many of the gatherings I attend.
This quick and simple recipe is quickly made in the microwave. It’s a crunchy, delicious version of a sugar cookie that you and your friends will eat by the handful. Make it merry and make Chex Party Mix!
I picked up everything I need for this at my favorite Publix grocery store. I can always count on them to have everything I need for holiday baking and cooking, even a lot of specialty items. I always find great prices, too. Publix has one of the best coupon acceptance policies of any store I know. Heads up on a couple of sales coming up at Publix. There’s a BOGO Offer (12/14 – 12/21) and a sale on lots of the ingredients needed to make the Chex Party Mix on 12/10-1/6. Head over to Chex savings website to print a few coupons that will save you even more on these items:
o $1 Off Any 3 Chex Cereals 12-14 oz (12/10 – 1/6)
o 2 for $6 Ghirardelli® Baking Chips 10-12 oz
o 2 for $5 Smart Balance® Natural Peanut Butter 16 oz
o $1.99 Dixie Crystals® Extra Fine Granulated Sugar 4lb
o 2 for $4.99 Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract 2 oz
o 2 for $5 Ziploc® brand Container 2-4 ct.
Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Chex Mix
Secret’s out! Combine butter and sugar with Chex cereal; microwave, and you have a yummy made-in-minutes party mix.
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar
- 1 oz white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup Ghirardelli® white vanilla baking chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons gluten-free colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
- In large microwavable bowl, measure Rice Chex cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add granulated sugar and water; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds or until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Sprinkle with Dixie Crystal powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, or until it can be stirred smooth. Place in small Ziploc resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle white chocolate over snack mix; sprinkle with edible glitter or your favorite holiday sprinkles. Cool until white chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Store in airtight Ziploc container in refrigerator.
- Techniques: For an easy and even way to apply the powdered sugar, pour sugar into large resealable freezer bag. After removing cooked snack mix from microwave, let stand in bowl 1 to 2 minutes to cool, then pour into bag and shake!
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Serving Size: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Makes: 14 servings
Try the chocolate and peanut butter yumminess of Gluten-Free Chex Muddy Buddies or grab a bag of caramels to give Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles a simple, but flavorful punch!
Enjoy the holidays by the handful with easy, tasty Chex Party Mix recipes.