Posts Tagged by banana
|February 1, 2017||Posted by Tracy Knutsen under Pastries, Pies and Cobblers|
Growing up, my grandma and my mom made the best banana pudding ever! Yes, ever. Their secret was Jell-o Custard like this:
This stuff made the most remarkable banana pudding, but Jell-o doesn’t make it anymore. Boo! Kraft, however, has shared this yummy recipe that makes a suitable substitute for now.
Luscious layers of cookie crust, sliced bananas, creamy pudding and chocolate in a quick and easy dessert? What’s not to love about these Banana Pudding Squares.
Banana Pudding Squares
Combine wafer crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 13×9-inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
How to Evenly Spread COOL WHIP over Dessert
Stir remaining COOL WHIP gently in tub until creamy; spoon small dollops over dessert. Use small metal spatula to spread COOL WHIP over dessert.
Prepare using JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding.
Use Oreo cookies instead of Nilla Wafers.
For easy cleanup, line dish with foil before using as directed. To line the dish, place dish upside down and fit a piece of foil over top of dish, smoothing corners as needed. Remove foil. When you turn the dish over, the foil fits perfectly inside the dish. Use to prepare dessert as directed. When ready to serve the chilled dessert, use foil handles to remove dessert from dish before cutting into pieces.
|July 5, 2016||Posted by Tracy Knutsen under Cakes|
Banana Split Cake
Go bananas with this sweet and delicious Banana Split Cake from Kraft. Find out how to turn your favorite ice cream dish into a delightful cake.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 5 hr. 25 min.
Servings: 24 servings
What You Need
- 9 graham crackers, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 6 bananas, divided
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- Cherry on top (optional, but fun!)
- Mix graham crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 13×9-inch pan. Freeze 10 min.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer until blended. Spread carefully over crust; top with pineapple. Slice 4 bananas; arrange over pineapple.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP; spread over banana layer in pan. Top with remaining COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 5 hours. Slice remaining bananas just before serving; arrange over dessert. Top with nuts and a cherry!
Save 40 calories per serving by preparing with margarine, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 2 pkg. (1 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Omit nuts. Make chocolate curls from 1 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate. Use to garnish dessert.
Substitute 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs for the crushed grahams.