S’mores Cupcakes in a Jelly Jar
|August 25, 2015||Posted by Tracy Knutsen under Cakes|
I love desserts in single serving sizes, especially when it’s in a jar. Served in adorable jelly jars, these luscious layered s’mores cupcakes are a guaranteed hit for any party.
S’Mores Cupcakes is a Jelly Jar
Prep Time: 35min.
Total Time: 1hr. 37min.
Servings: 24 servings
What You Need
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Fudge Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 1 container (16 oz.) ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 2 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers, coarsely broken into pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Meanwhile, beat pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Place bottom half of each cupcake in 4-oz. jelly jar; top with layers of 1 Tbsp. pudding and 1-1/2 Tbsp. marshmallow creme. Cover with cupcake tops.
- Spoon frosting into medium bowl. Add COOL WHIP; whisk until blended. Spread onto tops of cupcakes.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over COOL WHIP mixture. Top with remaining ingredients.
Decorated cupcakes can be made ahead of time. Prepare as directed, except do not top with marshmallows and graham pieces. Refrigerate up to 8 hours. Top with marshmallows and graham pieces just before serving.
If you don’t have 24 jelly jars, you can fill the split cupcakes on a platter instead.
How to Store
Keep assembled desserts refrigerated.