Shoepeg Corn Salad
||8 hours, 15 minutes|
An oldie but a goodie!
- 1 can shoepeg corn (12 oz. We use regular kernel corn or white corn when we can't find shoepeg. I've also cut corn right off the cob for this.)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons pimento (diced)
- 1/2 cup onion (thinly sliced. I use red onion, Mom used sweet yellow onions. This is a good place for a mandolin!)
- 1/3 cup oil (your favorite - vegetable, canola, olive, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (Splenda also works, but I prefer real sugar here.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
This is a very flexible recipe that I almost always double. I'm not a fan of green bell pepper, so I generally omit them My mom always had them in there, though. They make it really pretty, too.
Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate at least 8-10 hours before serving.
How easy was that?