Painting, Watercolor and Drawing > FREE How-To Booklets From Craftsy!
|June 20, 2015||Posted by Tracy Knutsen under Crafting and DIY, Try Something New!|
This post contains affiliate links.
Have you thought about learning something new? Have a hobby that you’d like to take to the next level? Craftsy is with you!
Did you know that on the Crafty website, you can download many free how-to booklets instantly (you can print it easily if you’d like) and enjoy it forever them the comfort of your own home or even on the go? These are booklets of information created by experts with beautiful, easy-to-understand guides to help you hone your craft. Whatever that may be!
Information on the “hobbies” booklets can be found here, but be sure to visit my other posts if you want to read up on Baking and Decorating; Quilting, Knitting and Crochet; or Paper Crafts, Gardening, Photography and Wirework Jewelry.
From rendering realistic water drops to creating stunning cascading waterfalls, you’ll learn foolproof techniques for creating beautiful waterscapes in mixed media.
- A handy list of essential mixed media supplies
- How to draw flowing water
- How to paint waves
- How to paint a still water scene
- How to draw water drops
- & more!
- Types of watercolor paper
- Building a watercolor palette
- Color transparency
- Color value
- Color temperature
- Color intensity
What You’ll Learn
From collages to watercolors and every method in between, you’ll learn how to create a garden of flowers using 5 unique mixed media techniques!
- 5 simple steps to drawing a beautiful flower
- Building a watercolor and colored pencil bouquet
- Pen, ink and watercolor illustrated flowers
- Paper collage and acrylic paint gerbera daisies
- And more!
What You’ll Learn
From choosing the best paper to developing lovable characters, learn the illustrations basics you need to take your illustrations to publish-worthy levels.
- Illustration tips for creating emotive characters
- A method for developing unique characters
- How to know when an illustration is finished
- How to draw movement in your illustrations
- Plus so much more!