One-Pot Taco Pasta
|July 14, 2015||Filled under Main Dishes|
They like tacos. They like pasta. You like one-pot recipes. Is there any doubt this Healthy Living dish will be a winner at your house? It’s an easy recipe that’s delicious and flexible to suit your families tastes.
Prep Time – 50min.
Total Time – 50min.
Servings – 6 servings, 1-1/3 cups each
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup each chopped red and yellow peppers
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. chili powder
3 cups water
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
3 cups of your favorite pasta, uncooked (we chose wagon wheel!)
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
1 green onion, diagonally cut into thin slices
1. Brown meat with yellow onions in nonstick Dutch oven or large deep nonstick skillet.
2. Add peppers; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and chili powder; cook 1 minute.
3. Add water and sauce; stir. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta; cover. Simmer 15 minutes or just until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in corn; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Top with cheese and green onions.
Substitute chopped fresh cilantro for the sliced green onions.
Add 1 chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce with the chili powder.
Prepare using your favorite small shaped pasta, such as penne or fusilli.