Loaded Mashed Potato Bites #NaturallyFreshRecipe and #Giveaway
|January 23, 2016||Posted by Tracy Knutsen under Appetizers|
Disclosure: I received a Naturally Fresh® product to try for free. All opinions are my own.
Ready for big game! But are you ready to feed that crowd in your living room? We (and when I say “we” I mean “boys”) really love these Loaded Mashed Potato Bites. I’ve prepared the basic recipe here, but there are tons of variations.
One thing that makes them yummy is Naturally Fresh® Ranch Dressing. Naturally Fresh® is a line of high-quality, homestyle salad dressings and dips with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Exactly what I prefer serving my family and friends.
Don’t miss your chance to win a package of Naturally Fresh® Dressings at the end!
Loaded Mashed Potato Bites
2 cups prepared mashed potatoes (I’ve used instant and from scratch – both are yummy)
Naturally Fresh® Classic Ranch Dressing
1 roll refrigerated crescent rolls
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
chopped green onions for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven to 375 degress Fahrenheit and spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
On waxed or parchment paper, unroll the crescent dough and pinch the seams together. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into 24 squares. Press each square into the muffin tin.
Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of Naturally Fresh® Classic Ranch Dressing into each cup followed by 1 tablespoon of the mashed potatoes. (To make it easier, I pipe the potatoes in using a zip top bag.)
Sprinkle a little cheese and some bacon pieces on top of each one. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan. Serve with a garnish of chopped green onions or chives and extra Naturally Fresh® Ranch Dressing on the side.
- Add a slice of pickled jalepeno under the mashed potatoes
- Use mashed sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes
- Add roasted garlic to the mashed potatoes
- Press a small piece of popcorn chicken on top of the potatoes
- Use pepperjack cheese
- Use Naturally Fresh® Blue Cheese Dressing instead of Ranch
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do. They’re super simple, easy to change up to suit your family’s tastes and a great bite-sized snack for game day!
About Naturally Fresh®
- Naturally Fresh® puts chunks of aged bleu cheese, herbs and spices like basil, black pepper, spicy ginger and tangy mustard seeds in their products – and you can taste the difference.
- They believe one thing above all to be true: you can’t go wrong using great ingredients in the right proportions. It’s a pretty simple philosophy but it’s much more than just a philosophy. They back it up with a taste you can tell apart from others, they’re selective about what goes into their products – and never compromise on taste.
Click here to find the closest store that sells Naturally Fresh® products. If you don’t see the product you are looking for, please let your store know you’re interested in Naturally Fresh®
What Naturally Fresh® Leaves Out of Their Products:
- Many foods on store shelves today contain artificial flavors and colors that change the way the food tastes and looks, as well as preservatives that extend their shelf life. Naturally Fresh® refrigerated dressings are different. The company creates products that taste great and leaves out artificial preservatives and artificial colors or flavors.
- Naturally Fresh® does not use:
- Artificial thickeners.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG), an artificial flavor enhancer.
- Artificial preservatives. That’s why you’ll only find Naturally Fresh® products in the refrigerated section.
- Artificial colors or flavors.
One lucky Nest Full of New reader will win a set of coupons for free Naturally Fresh® dressings. Each set will include four (4) coupons for free Naturally Fresh® dressings!
To enter, in the Comment section below, tell us your favorite game day snack that might use one of these Naturally Fresh® products.
About Naturally Fresh® and Their Philosophy:
- Naturally Fresh® takes pride in the fact that you can taste the difference our ingredients make. That’s the reason we do what we do: it’s all about you and the tastes you like.
- Classic Ranch: Made with Naturally Fresh’s® own buttermilk.
- Lite Ranch: Made with Naturally Fresh’s® own nonfat buttermilk with half the calories of the original.
- Bleu Cheese: Made with Naturally Fresh’s® own buttermilk and aged bleu cheese chunks.
- Lite Bleu Cheese: Made with Naturally Fresh’s® own nonfat buttermilk and aged bleu cheese chunks.
The winner will be selected at random on February 1.
You can connect with Naturally Fresh® on Facebook, too!