Healthy Waldorf Salad-Spring Forward with Liberte #YogurtPerfection #Giveaway
|April 16, 2015||Posted by Tracy Knutsen under Diabetic Friendly, Diabetic-Friendly Desserts, Easter, Healthy|
Discover #Yogurt Perfection with the decadent new flavors from Liberté® Méditerranée at Publix! I received samples of this for free, but the opinions are my own. Make sure to enter the CASH giveaway at the bottom so you can try the new flavors, too!
As things heat up this spring, how will you and your family cool down? Liberté® Méditerranée yogurt is a refreshing way to get great flavor, without the guilt! Traditional Waldorf Salad is made with mayonnaise, but we make a lighter version that’s full of flavor and, thanks to Liberte and some amazing savings from Publix, it’s easy on the wallet, too!
2 apples, your favorite variety or whatever you have on hand
2 cups grapes – I usually mix 1 cup each red and green grapes
1/2 cup almonds, sliced or slivered
Juice of 1/2 small lemon or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 container of Liberte Méditerranée French Vanilla yogurt
1. Peel, core and chop apples into pieces that are roughly the same size as your grapes. Toss with the lemon juice in a medium mixing/serving bowl.
2. Add grapes and almonds to the apples.
3. Gently mix in the container of yogurt.
4. Chill and serve.
- This works fine without peeling the apples! I asked my husband to chop the apples for this one time and he didn’t peel them first – more vitamins, right?!
- Grapes may be sliced in half or left whole. My preference is whole because the salad won’t get runny from the juice.
- We’ve added other fruits like mandarin oranges and bananas.
- Use your favorite nuts! I like to use walnuts, too.
- Chopped celery is yummy in this (like a traditional Waldorf Salad). Remember this is a strong flavor – add it slowly and taste frequently.
- Liberté® Méditerranée offers lots of great flavors for this salad! Try it with the Liberte Lemon yogurt and add some grilled chicken. Serve it over fresh spinach. It’s one of my favorite meals and awesome for the summertime. (Hint…if you substitute grilled shrimp for the chicken…use Liberte Coconut and add some pineapple!)
Our family loves good yogurt that’s not artificially sweetened or colored. Liberté® Méditerranée is surprisingly luscious whole milk yogurt in many captivating flavors. “The attention we pay when crafting our sumptuous yogurt is apparent in each spoonful. It begins with our choice of ingredients. The whole milk and cream we select create an indulgently silky texture. The live, active cultures add a layer of deep flavor that is punctuated with bold, real fruit. And as you should expect, we refrain from adding gelatin, sugar substitutes or preservatives.”
Check out these fabulous flavors!
New Méditerranée Cappuccino
Flavors of bold espresso and sweet cream mingle in yogurt harmony.
New Méditerranée Caramel
A sensorial delight, with pure melted caramel tamed by rich milk.
Sweet, aromatic blackberries harmonize with velvety yogurt
Milk and cream deepened with the earthy, nutty flavor of coconut.
Méditerranée French Vanilla
The exotic, heady perfume of our vanilla is anything but “vanilla.”
Whole milk yogurt enlivened with the sharpness of lemon. Bracing but silky.
A twist on a classic. We used exceptional fruits for this winsome, summery flavor.
Win $15 CASH via Paypal to buy your own Liberté® Méditerranée yogurt! Just go to to the Liberté website , check out the Liberté story and flavors, and tell me your favorite new flavor in the Comment section below. Entries close on April 27 at 10 p.m. when a winner will be chosen at random.
Are you a coupon person? While supplies last, get your Print and Save coupon for Liberté® yogurt. #YogurtPerfection