Easy S’Mores Ice Cream Cake
|October 28, 2015||Filled under Frozen Treats|
Kraft is so clever! The ice cream inside the cake stays frozen while the s’mores topping toasts golden brown.
Prep Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 5 hr. 12 min.
Servings: 10-12 servings
- 14 graham crackers, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
- 1 container (1-3/4 qt.) chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows, divided
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Crush 8-1/2 crackers to form fine crumbs; break remaining crackers into rectangles. Place cracker crumbs in medium bowl. Add butter and sugar; mix well. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 12 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave chocolate and COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is blended, stirring after each minute. Let stand 15 min. Spread chocolate mixture over crust. Stand cracker rectangles, top-sides facing out, around edge of pan, pressing gently into chocolate mixture to secure. Freeze 20 min. or until filling is firm.
- Cover with ice cream. Freeze 4 hours or until ice cream layer is very firm. When ready to serve dessert, reserve 2 cups marshmallows. Microwave remaining marshmallows and milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. 15 sec. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 min. Cool 10 min.
- Heat broiler. Place dessert on baking sheet; top with melted marshmallow mixture and reserved marshmallows. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 1 min. or until marshmallows are golden brown. Remove rim of pan before serving dessert.
Celebrate your next special occasion with this delicious ice cream cake that features flavors of the campfire classic. And as a bonus, it makes enough to serve a crowd.
Prepare using vanilla ice cream – or try it with your family’s favorite!