Kraft Foods shares this fabulous twist on a popular candy bar, but in cheesecake form.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 6 hr.
25 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 oz. BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 cup COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
1 cup BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
1/4 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds, toasted
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Combine cookie crumbs, 2 Tbsp. sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
3. Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add vanilla; mix well.
4. Gradually beat in milk until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
5. Bake 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
6. Microwave semi-sweet chocolate and COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Pour over cheesecake; top with coconut and nuts.
The best tip for cutting a cheesecake cleanly is to use a hot knife for each cut. Fill a tall container with hot water deep enough to cover the entire blade of your knife. Dip the knife into the hot water, and wipe it dry on a clean towel before making a cut. Others have had great success putting with dental floss – but this only works on a cake that’s been removed from the pan already.