ENDED Cascade Platinum Does it Again! #CascadeShiningReviews #Giveaway
|October 9, 2014||Filled under Giveaways, Reviews/Giveaways|
This review and giveaway was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Cascade. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
(Be sure to read all the way to the bottom to learn how you can win a Cascade Prize Pack!)
Breakfast is my favorite meal. I think I might have mentioned that before. I have to go to Portland in a couple of weeks for a work conference, but I’m mostly looking forward to eating doughnuts and having amazing coffee. Is that weird?
I got together with some friends this week to have a little French toast, and the famous sidekick of French toast…yes, brownies! That’s not too awkward. I’m a firm believer that chocolate is appropriate at any time of day or with any meal or on any occasion. There.
The French toast was made using a wonderful Alton Brown recipe (courtesy of the Food Network) and we made a gooey chocolaty pan of brownies from a box. (No shame there…don’t judge me.)
Alton Brown’s French Toast
1 cup half-and-half
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons honey, warmed in microwave for 20 seconds
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old or stale country loaf, brioche or challah bread
4 tablespoons butter
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
For the French Toast, in a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey and salt. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan.
Dip bread into mixture, allowing it to soak for 30 seconds on each side. Then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices.
Serve immediately with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.
ATTENTION DISHWASHERS EVERYWHERE:
STOP “DISH-WASTING” YOUR TIME AND SKIP THE PRE-WASH
New Cascade Platinum & Marie Claire Survey Reveals People Have a Big Opportunity to Improve Their Dishwasher Regimen
To PRE-WASH or NOT PRE-WASH?
THAT IS THE QUESTION.
Pre-washing actually causes dish issues!
It’s a paradigm shift in dishwasher mentality and we understand your skepticism.
That’s why Cascade Platinum has teamed up with Marie Claire for this survey. The time has come to debunk some seriously widespread dishwasher myths, and help Americans regain valuable minutes in their busy lives.
Ah, the joys of cleaning dishes! We all have them and we all want them immaculately clean, quickly and easily, so we invest valuable time pre-washing each dish before loading it in the dishwasher, right? WRONG! Pre-washing actually hinders our chances of achieving immaculately clean dishes! It’s true! Cascade Platinum is specifically designed to work best when food is left ON dishes. Why? Because the enzymes in Cascade Platinum are designed to attach themselves to food particles, breaking them down so that they can be easily washed away – even 24-hour stuck-on food! No food means the enzymes have nothing to latch on to.
Those little enzymes are gonna be so happy with my brownie pan!
HERE ARE SOME DIRTY LITTLE (fun) FACTS:
- Nearly EVERYONE surveyed (96%) spends up to an hour pre-washing their dishes each week. But three-quarters of this group (74%) are still experiencing daily dishwasher fails with dishes that come out looking dirty, spotted, or streaked. And then, half of them (51%) are re-washing the dishes that didn’t get clean the first time.
- Two-thirds (65%) of survey respondents organize their dishwashers just like their closets – with everything stacked in its rightful spot. In fact, almost half (42%) have actually gone so far as to re-load the dishwasher after their family goes to bed because they didn’t think their family member(s) did it right the first time!
- Half of survey respondents (50%) stall when dishes need to be done. Now that’s just silly. Just drop in the Cascade Platinum, hit “start” and be on your way!
- Nearly half (46%) of survey respondents believe that skipping the pre-wash means their dishes will come out gross. When in reality, they can break this habit and SKIP THE PRE-WASH. Cascade Platinum will help them achieve the ultimate clean and sparkle. Who says you can’t have it all?
- We know that people pre-wash their dishes for many different reasons. Some do it because they think any leftover food will clog their pipes or such. This is understandable when you consider that almost no one (a mere 11% of survey respondents) knows that most dishwashers come equipped with a garbage disposal.
- The majority of survey respondents (57%) cringe at the thought of hosting a party because of spotted wine glasses. And almost half (46%) would rather go out to eat because they hate cleaning the dishes. It’s your RIGHT to entertain, folks. Fight for it!
To learn more about Cascade Platinum, please visit www.CascadeClean.com. For a limited time, consumers can enjoy a $5 prepaid card when they purchase any Cascade Action Pac. Offer expires 12/31/14. Visit www.cascadeclean.com/us/cascade/coupons to learn more.
OK, I’m convinced! Would you like to try this at your house? Cascade has very generously offered this super cool gift pack to a lucky Nest Full of New reader. It includes:
- Cascade Platinum
- Cascade Platinum Rinse Aid
- Wine Topper