Best Ever Onion Dip
One of the most flavorful onion dips I've ever had.
- 2 heaped tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups diced onions (I prefer sweet yellow onions, like Vidalia)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream (for a lighter version, I've used reduced or fat free sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (white pepper, if you have it)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (yes, this comes in twice)
Best if refrigerated at least overnight so the flavors can develop. This also make a delicious sandwich spread - think leftover meatloaf or pork roast! Try it in a chicken salad or just on grilled chicken.
||Add oil to a saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and salt. Cook the onions until they are caramelized. 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. |
||Mix the remaining ingredients together and add the cooled onions. |
||Refrigerate. Stir before serving. |